July 8, 2011

.Date Night.


Earlier in the week when G suggested we take some time for ourselves and have a date night, I immediately panicked.  I've had Dylan with me everyday for nearly a year and didn't know if I was quite ready to leave her yet.  I knew though, that part of being good parents to baby girl is remembering that we're partners and the importance of taking time to nourish our marriage as well as ourselves.  Plus, I knew we were leaving her in good hands for a few hours with her loving Gigi and Poppy. 

Although I cried before we even left their neighborhood, G and I had a great evening together.  We ate pasta and bread until our stomachs hurt at our favorite Italian place in town and because the weather was nice, we walked it off downtown... hand in hand... talking and people watching.  Later, once we picked our sweet girl up and started the drive home, all I could think was how blessed and happy I was at that moment, and how glad I am to have a thoughtful husband  like G to experience this all with.

1 comment:

sarah - dodeline design said...

I don't have a sweet baby yet, still reveling in the joy of engagement and marriage, but I'm quite certain that once I do Robert will have to tear me away from our precious bundle of joy. It's good that G is there to remind you of the need for adult time too! :-)