January 5, 2011

.The Sweetest Surprise.








As you probably guessed from yesterday's reveal G and I are expecting a little baby Tyler in June.  It's been a whirlwind four months as we were surprised with the news in October.  We feel incredibly blessed for the chance to be parents, as well as the outpouring of love and support throughout because this has been something we prayed about and wanted for quite some time.  We've hoped for this for so long, when it finally did happen I didn't even want to talk about it, as if that would scare the baby away or tempt fate.  I know, ye of little faith in God's plan, but I couldn't even believe it was real as the three pregnancy tests can attest to.  In private though, this has been the best secret G and I have ever kept. 

I'm naturally a catastrophizer and when I began researching just how many miraculous things have to happen to make a person, I began panicking... to the point where my doctor had to tell me, "GET OFF google."  I count myself lucky that my first and second trimester have gone smoothly thus far with no severe symptoms to complain of and as of our latest checkup yesterday, baby Tyler is doing perfectly fine and we got to hear the most beautiful noise in the world for the third time... our child's heartbeat.  We'll find out the sex in four weeks and finally get to see how much our little bambino has grown since we saw it last almost 11 weeks ago. 

Now starts the fun stuff of bump watch, planning for the nursery and showers, and finally starting to prepare for a new addition to the household.  My goal is to relax and enjoy every minute of it and G's been the best husband in helping that to happen with nightly back rubs, a reasonable amount of chocolate icecream, and constantly telling me how beautiful he thinks I am... even when I feel the complete opposite and start fussing that I don't fit right in anything and decide life is off for the day.  We couldn't be happier.


*Aren't those the most adorable booties ever? We were so excited for the baby's gift from our friend Caroline... it's baby's first item of clothing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you two and could NOT be happier that soon there will be three!

All the best,
B

*** said...

Congratulations. Becoming a parent was one of the best things that has happend to me.

Nicole Marie said...

congratulations!!! so exciting!!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Congrats!!

.Jessica. said...

Thanks so much everyone!!! We couldn't be more thrilled.