August 18, 2010

.Mary Mary, Quite Contrary.

On Sunday I went to a pre-party for mother Mary and the imminent coming of baby Lily.  Lily is expected to make her first appearance mid-October and it was time to spoil her with gifts to persuade her to make an early arrival and cut her mother a break. 

Baby Lily, think about it... the more timely your entrance into our lives, the more time you have for presents and adoration!  For now, we're only able to dole our attention to Mary... and Baby Lily, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... your mother can be quite the contrarian when it comes to pictures... even with you.  I know, I know... but don't take it personally, she was like this long before you were tap dancing on her bladder for kicks.  Still, I can't wait to meet you and take 4522655 pictures of you before your parents charge me with harassment.















The shower went off without a hitch and our team even won the maternity toilet paper outfit challenge; the judges [future-parents] thankfully appreciated our red-carpet look.  Funny to see how far our little high school group has come in six years... just imagine where we'll be in a few decades.

P.S.  Tomorrow night is my first day of school.  My Wednesday class? Design and Analysis in Education.  Sounds like a party huh?  You know, right after going to the dentist [next week] and what I'm sure will soon enough become the most traumatizing word in my vocabulary... a dissertation.

1 comment:

paddle to shore said...

awww, I love these pictures, it looks like you all had such a great time and shared loads of laughs:)