November 9, 2010

.Weekend.




I've been feeling a bit disconnected from the world lately.  Having a big girl job and then starting school back this fall has just made me feel like I'm in a marathon with no end in sight.  Luckily, the holidays are just weeks away (where did Fall go?) which is exactly what I think I need right now to get me out of my funk. 

I miss my family.

This weekend I felt like I was back in undergrad having to hole up in Panera to get some manuscript writing done... unfortunately minus the hilarious and equally delirious undergrad friends.  I also spent some time with friends and their adorable babies who played hairdresser with me {Sweet Haidyn even gave me permission to take her bows home} and were so sweet to lay in my arms and cuddle and NOT projectile vomit until they were handed over to dear ole dad.  {Lily, that was appreciated more than you know!}

And there were cupcakes.  Cupcakes are always vital in challenging times.

No comments: