November 10, 2010

.Ridiculous Rant.




At the moment, I don't care how stupid this sounds.
I've spent the majority of my time in an academic setting, since I was 5 years old and in kindergarten.  I'm now 24 and in doctoral school.  I will never be okay when someone randomly takes my seat midway through the semester.  I actually earned recognition in undergrad for my irrational anger associated with "seat stealing".  I think it's rude and inconsiderate.    It throws off my balance in the room, my process.  For me to learn, I have to find comfort and a familiarity with my environment.

So girl who decided to steal my workspace with weeks left in the semester for no apparent reason: I don't appreciate you or your general self-centeredness.  Social cues are very important to peace and productivity.  I didn't learn a thing in stats class tonight due to my distraction in a new surrounding.  Our final is in three weeks.  I'm on to you.


I'm sorta half totally joking on the seriousness of this offense on my list of general concerns.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is reason number 245 that you are kinder than me!
I told a girl in one of my education classes in college that she had to move because she was in my seat. she apologized and moved to the next seat. I made her move again because that seat she took was my friend Megan's.
Did I mention this was the first week of class?
whoops. I sound crazy now.

we were in the same room for 2/3 of our classes! we all always sat in the same seats! I am crazy...