June 24, 2010

.As.Easy.As.Pie.

I've been married almost 2 years and to say that I'm a domestic goddess would be a tad inaccurate. I could live off of white rice and cereal but G is accustomed to more, exquisite southern cuisine so to speak. I'll get there one day but for now I'll stick to baby steps and eventually move up to culinary genius (why peak so early?!). Here comes baking, which I love because I'm a salt person and therefore am not compelled to consume 1/3 of it mid-prep.

Well one of the great things about the internet is the easy exchange of tips and information so when I saw this Joy of Cooking pie on one of my favorite blogs Cupcakes and Cashmere, I sensed a personal challenge. My first pie went smoothly (after 2 viewings of YouTube how-to videos to make sure I wasn't completely blotching the technique) and I liked the flexibility of the ingredients (because I always forget something). G is a bit of a chocoholic elitist so suffice it to say, I was glad to bring some diversity into his repertoire.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! I am impressed! Did you make the crust from scratch? Thats hard!
Youre the bomb!
love you!
Em